,

HIKING IN ABUJA MY FIRST HASH EXPERIENCE 500


 A couple of weeks ago I attended my first Hash hike... Our meeting point was River Plate park Abuja, it was raining cat’s and dog’s and the dog’s literally came to the party. As a first timer I was sad thinking the hike would not take place, little did I know they were not moved by the rain because it wasn't their first rodeo, it was their #500 time. While we were waiting for everyone to arrive the registration of 1k was going on and people that could afford to buy the Hash T's did that also and finally it was time. We were asked to be in a circle and the leader started singing motivational songs that most of the crowd knew. The destination for the hike was announced, and the route to get there. Anyone could join any car, the team spirit blew me away, and that was when I realised this would be fun.


Upon getting to the starting point they had to confirm everyone registered through the wrist band given to us and the journey began. I can't really tell you every detail about the hike but I do know that in all my years of hiking I haven't seen anything like this. We had the people with adrenaline rush, the tired fellas, the folks that wanted to go back, the chicks who won't stop taking pictures like me and most of all the captains of the ship who made sure everyone was safe and got assistance when needed.















Even our animal friends were not left out.




We were like one family, it didn't matter if you were old, young, black, white, Chinese, Italian, kids, dogs, trust me all were there as you can see. The best feeling was finally being on top of the hill and all the struggles of the climb just went away and we could see the beauty of Abuja all in one place, it was truly worth it after all... We were ready to go back down to receive our refreshments (coke or beer, your choice). After that we all headed to the pool party which took place at the new BMT park in Wuse 2 to swim, drink, mingle and most of all eat SISIBOLE's delicious plantain & fish or wings & potatoes dipped in sauce. It was a great way to end the day, you know the saying, first experience is everything, well Hash Abuja gave me everything, from great energy, good vibes, amazing networking platform, new friends, possible new partner who knows. Plus it is a non expensive way of having fun. I encourage you today join a Hash house in your city or when you travel to a city that has the Hash programme, it is an experience you will never forget.  



I can't wait to attend my next Hash hike in another city, don't worry guys I will keep you all informed. Have a Blessed week…..

2 comments:

  1. Now I know I have been living a really boring life in abuja...you got me googling "hash abuja". Now I gotta make it to one of the hikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls how can I get in touch to know the next event will really love to join the hacking

    ReplyDelete