2015 AFRICAN FASHION WEEK NIGERIA PHOTO EXHIBITION - THE EVOLUTION OF IRO & BUBA


The theme for the 2015 Africa Fashion Week Nigeria is ‘Showcasing our Cultural Heritage through Fashion’, and how better to do that than with a delightful, cultural themed photo exhibition called The Evolution of Iro & Buba.



Pictures tell stories and some pictures through clothes and attitude depicts clues about the lives that were lived. Fashion is a part of who we are. Our evolving culture is woven in the fabric of everything we wear today and pictures beautifully show just how far that thread connects us to generations.


Every decade has its own defining statement piece. Hemlines go up and down over the years, prints and textures come and go but our flair for expression through the age’s remains constant. This proves that fashion is always evolving.










PHOTO CREDIT: 
stylevitae



8 comments:

  1. prettyhappygurlMay 04, 2015 7:22 am

    Lovely! and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. African SerenaMay 04, 2015 7:24 am

    The evolution of iro and buba fashion, this is so on point, Ms Pamo you have done it again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, this is so nice. Its interesting to note that in Nigeria the length of the traditional wear becomes longer and more modest over time, while in the developed countries the length becomes shorter over time. She looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. effortlessly gorgeous. There’s just smth about this picture that I’m loving the iro and buba so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this just reminds me of whenever I wear anything slightly above my knees, my grandma complains, I tell my dad and he goes “don’t mind her o, you should see her pictures when she was your age.”LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean tell me about it, My grandma always complain when i wear knee length skirts or trousers, But when she was my age, hers was shorter. Hehehe

      Delete
  6. African Goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE. This is a real proof of fashion evolution and its so nice to see the changes in the hemlines most especially. Another great post Pamos expression

    ReplyDelete