HOW TO KNOW IF THAT SHORT HAIR WILL WORK FOR YOU


HELLO EVERYONE… Hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend.

Now this is for the ladies who have always been skeptical about going for the short hair look. If you’re undecided about whether or not to go for that short hairstyle, why don’t you take a minute and implement the 2.25 Rule, a trick devised by hair legend John Frieda. 

John Frieda over his lifetime studied faces and discovered that the angle of the jawbone determine whether someone would look best with short hair or long hair. Here, we explain how a ruler and a pencil can save you from making a bad hair decision;



1. Place a pencil horizontally under your chin.

2. Next, hold a ruler vertically below your ear.

3. Take the measurement where the two intersect (i.e., the distance between your earlobe and the base of your chin).

4. Is your measurement longer than 2.25 inches? Think twice about making a short hair. If the distance is less than 2.25 inches, then short hair is likely a good fit.






Hope this has been helpful, and until next time GBF ALWAYS




PHOTO CREDIT:
@Thecutlife




21 comments:

  1. Hmmm first time hearing about this rule. Not going to make short hair anytime soon but I still want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, I have been craving for short hair look lately which I don’t normally do t, and a bob cut is one of my top choices, I bet try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, never heard of this before. Now where’s my pencil and ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 24 hours too late for me :( I just made a short do yesterday and now I don’t like it .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just tried this and I guess I'll keep my long hair. I’ve not really looked good on short hair too, so I think the rule is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just tried this and mine came out to exactly 2.25" or so, what does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too was exactly 2.25in....let the indecision continue :/

      Delete
    2. African SerenaJune 13, 2015 9:15 am

      You both will look good in all hair lengths, then. Mine was longer than that, plus I’ve always known I’m not so pretty with short hair, this just proves it…..

      Delete
  7. Well the weather is still cool now, will stick with my long hairstyles. Thanks, great info….

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hair suits me much better when its short and my face is very round. I measured 2 inches. So I like this article

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued to try this but I can't find a ruler

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read the headline it made me feel so good. Been battling with this decision for a while now, thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love short hair, and this rule definitely applies for me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aawesome theory, sure to try this out….

    ReplyDelete
  13. So it's not a matter of taste, it's a matter of 'science'

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great article. One thing I have learned is that short hair isn’t good for everyone especially when you have a long face.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very helpful... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Useful post...Thanks a lot!) I would like to choose the right hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a hairstylist, all you really need is someone that can take your face and hair type into account. Not everyone looks nice with a short hair style.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jennifer OlomeeJune 13, 2015 10:46 am

    this is nice I liike it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What about the face shape, I think that also influences if short hair would fit or not

    ReplyDelete